This course provides an overview of the importance of handwashing, with lots of interesting facts and tips about handwashing. Includes information to support handwashing as the single most important measure for infection control.
- Discuss how germs are spread on the hands of healthcare workers.
- Recite and demonstrate the five steps of proper handwashing.
- List at least four situations when you should wash your hands.
- Discuss at least three ways to protect your hands from drying, cracking and dermatitis.
- Discuss the barriers that keep healthcare workers from washing their hands.