This caregiver lesson focuses on basic food preparation techniques and food safety. Includes tips for preparing foods for special client populations such as immune-suppressed clients and people on prescribed diets. Discusses the safe handling of food and ways to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Work safely in any kitchen.
- Describe the typical symptoms of foodborne illness.
- Name the four basic steps to ensure the safe handling of food.
- Describe the symptoms of a food allergy.
- Prepare and/or handle foods safely for all your clients.