Food Preparation and Safety
This caregiver lesson focuses on basic food preparation techniques and food safety.
This caregiver lesson focuses on basic food preparation techniques and food safety. Includes tips for preparing foods for special client populations such as immune-suppressed clients and people on prescribed diets. Discusses the safe handling of food and ways to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Work safely in any kitchen.
- Describe the typical symptoms of foodborne illness.
- Name the four basic steps to ensure the safe handling of food.
- Describe the symptoms of a food allergy.
- Prepare and/or handle foods safely for all your clients.