This course provides caregivers with an overview of the GI tract and the swallowing process. It also includes information on eating problems such as confusion, poor appetite, dysphagia, reflux and nausea and tips for feeding clients who are in various states of independence.
- Describe the five main steps of the eating process and discuss what can possibly go wrong in each step.
- Name at least five factors that put people at risk for eating problems.
- Discuss how you can help clients with the six eating problems described in this inservice.
- Describe the modified food pyramid and explain to which clients it applies.
- Demonstrate proper technique for setting up, assisting and spoon feeding clients.