This course reviews the basic concepts of ethics in health care. It covers ethical dilemmas commonly faced by caregivers, including end-of-life care, the use of restraints, care of clients with dementia, the right to refuse treatment, and disclosing client care errors.
- Provide at least two definitions of ethics and describe what makes a decision an ethical dilemma.
- Explain why behaving in an ethical manner is important for healthcare professionals.
- Describe the steps involved in making an ethical decision.
- Discuss at least four common ethical dilemmas that you may face at work.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in your daily work with clients.