In this course, caregivers will review the dying process, how to recognize symptoms that signal death is near, how to provide comfort for dying clients and their families and how to care for the body once death has occurred. Includes information on cultural diversity as it related to death and dying and the stages of grief.
- Define palliative care and discuss the benefits of providing this type of care with the dying client.
- List three documents that may be a part of the client?s advance directives.
- Describe the dying process and recognize at least five common symptoms of approaching death.
- Describe at least three tasks that are part of the process of performing postmortem care.
- Describe the five stages of grief.