CNAs on the Job
This Professional Growth module explores how nursing assistants can grow and evolve in their profession.
This Professional Growth module explores how nursing assistants can grow and evolve in their profession. It includes information about working in acute care, pediatrics, nursing facilities, and home health care. It also covers how CNAs can advance by becoming CNA IIs or by studying for additional certifications. This inservice helps CNAs understand the continuum of care and presents a great opportunity to review the expectations of your CNA staff.
- Discuss the differences between the CNA-I and the CNA-II and list three skills a CNA-II can perform that a CNA-I cannot.
- Describe acute care and the skills a CNA may do in the acute care setting.
- List three unique skills a CNA needs to work with pediatric clients.
- Explain five tasks for which a Home Health Aide is responsible.
- Describe the roles of the Medication Aide, the Geriatric Aide, and the Feeding Assistant.