This course provides caregivers with an overview of the chemical hazard Right to Know law and the Globally Harmonized System for hazard communication. An OSHA mandatory topic!
- List at least three types of hazardous chemicals found in a healthcare setting.
- Describe the three common routes of entry for hazardous chemicals and what effect each may have.
- Describe the four parts of the “Right to Know” law and how the law fits into the Globally Harmonized System.
- Read and understand a Safety Data Sheet.
- Follow safe practices in the workplace to avoid chemical hazards.