This course is a great review of what it takes to be a top-notch nursing assistant. It covers caring qualities like empathy, compassion, patience, and dedication. Your CNAs will also be reminded of the importance of self-confidence, a positive attitude and a sense of humor. Included are tips about being a good listener and staying open-minded on the job. After completing this inservice, your aides will know how to use their best qualities to give their nursing careers a boost.
- Compare empathy and sympathy and explain why empathy is an important quality for caregivers.
- Describe at least five ways that caregivers can demonstration compassion, dedication, and open-mindedness.
- Discuss three tips for improving listening skills.
- Explain how patience, a positive attitude, self-confidence, and a sense of humor affect client care.
- Utilize strong caring qualities on the job to enhance client care.