This lesson provides information on establishing a therapeutic relationship, using boundaries to enhance trust, and communicating to build trust. It discusses the personal traits that encourage trust between caregivers and their clients and reveals common barriers that prevent a trusting relationship. Your caregivers will learn the stages of a trusting relationship, how to build trust with family members and what to do when trust is broken. They will also gain some tips for building self-trust–a crucial trait for anyone in the nursing field!
- Discuss the importance of building trust in relationships with clients.
- List three personal traits needed to build trusting relationships.
- Describe the therapeutic relationship and how it is different from social or intimate relationships.
- List at least three barriers to trusting communication.
- Discuss how boundaries help build trust in a relationship.