An in-depth look at the three most common bloodborne pathogens—Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV.
MANDATORY OSHA TRAINING. This course provides an in-depth look at the three most common bloodborne pathogens—Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV. Caregivers learn how to keep themselves and others safe from accidental exposures on the job.
- List the top 3 bloodborne pathogens that threaten healthcare workers and the clients they serve.
- Recall the top 10 Standard Precaution guidelines.
- Describe all the links in the chain of infection and suggest ways to break the chain.
- Deliver safe care to all clients, particularly those at higher risk for spreading or contracting bloodborne pathogens.
- Demonstrate how to properly respond to, report, and follow up if an exposure occurs.