This lesson provides an update on the rights of healthcare consumers and how the Bill of Rights varies in different healthcare settings. Includes a discussion of the basic rights such as the right to quality care, informed consent and confidentiality — and how caregivers can support these rights.
- Explain the purpose of the Patient Bill of Rights.
- List at least five rights all patients are entitled to receive.
- Describe the patient responsibilities that go along with each patient right.
- Discuss your own rights and responsibilities as an employee and a caregiver.
- Demonstrate your support of patient rights in your daily work.