An overview of basic first aid including how to react to and handle emergency situations. Includes tips on handling the top ten emergencies including falls, cuts, choking, seizures, burns and more. While this inservice can’t be used to certify your aides in first aid, it serves as a great safety orientation course.
- Discuss why it is important for you to learn basic first aid and why your goal should be to NEVER have to use it!
- Describe six basic steps for handling any emergency.
- Recognize the difference between conditions that require basic first aid and those that require emergency medical attention.
- Demonstrate basic first aid tips for various situations including falls, cuts, burns, seizures, and poisoning.
- List at least four examples of safety precautions you can take to prevent injuries from ever happening.