This essential module provides caregivers with an overview of how infections are spread and the role that handwashing and PPE play in infection control. It describes standard precautions and provides information on contact, droplet and airborne precautions. Caregivers will learn about the most common healthcare acquired infections and how to help prevent drug resistance.
- Outline events associated with the chain of infection and discuss your role in breaking the chain.
- Discuss the importance of proper hand-washing as part of your daily infection control practices.
- Describe the actions and PPE associated with standard and transmission-based precautions.
- Explain how and why some bacterial infections have become resistant to drugs.
- Demonstrate effective communication with all clients regardless of their special communication needs.