This course emphasizes how activity enhances the lives of the elderly and includes information on various kinds of activities. Discusses how caregivers can promote activity in their clients whether they live in a facility or their own homes and regardless of their health status.
- List at least two benefits each of these activity types: physical activity, mental activity, and social activity.
- Discuss why elderly people sometimes give up activities and what complications may develop from being inactive.
- Describe how ADLs and IADLs are beneficial activities that can become part of your client’s daily routine.
- Suggest activities for every client, regardless of age or health status.
- Help your elderly clients participate in activities every day.