This module provides caregivers with a review of the anatomy of the heart and lungs, the chain of survival and the C-A-Bs of CPR. It includes information on using an AED, managing a choking adult or a choking child, and recognizing opioid overdoses. Please note: this course is not intended to serve as certification in CPR but rather as a review or introduction to basic CPR guidelines.
- Describe how the heart and lungs function.
- Explain the CABs of CPR including the differences when dealing with adult and child victims.
- Name the five “links” in the Chain of Survival.
- Describe the basic process of performing CPR.
- Explain the basic process for adult, infant, and child foreign body airway obstruction.